Since I started making recipes with strawberries and fresh basil, I’ve been on the hunt for more recipes to use these two delicious ingredients together! Once again, I found yet another recipe on Pinterest for Strawberry Basil Muffins and they are amazing!! The recipe is from somethingswanky.com and I’ll definitely be checking out more of her recipes!
Strawberry Basil Muffins
- 3/4 Cup + 2 Tbsp milk
- 1/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 2 Cups Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Chopped Strawberries
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Fresh Basil
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. Whisk together the milk, vegetable oil, egg, sugar and vanilla.
3. Use a spatula or wooden spoon to mix in the flour, baking powder and salt just until the batter is formed. Fold in the strawberries and basil. Batter will be thick and lumpy so do not over mix the batter.
4. Using a 12 cup muffin tin, either grease and flour or put muffin papers in to help the muffins come out more easily.
5. Divide the batter in the muffin tins.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown on top and toothpick inserted into the muffin comes out clean.
7. Cool and enjoy!
Look how amazing the inside looks when split open!!